Island Women Against Violence is a non-profit society dedicated to supporting women and their children throughout the Southern Gulf Islands whose lives have been affected by violence and abuse. The “Transitions” Thrift Store is a fundraising venture in operation since 1997, raising funds that help support IWAV programs and services.
Position: Casual Store retail worker
Location: Salt Spring Island, Transitions Thrift Store
Nature of Position: Casual, On Call
Hours and Schedule: Varied Hours – daytime; weekday and weekends and Statutory Holidays
Wage Rate: Grid 5
This position requires union membership
• High School/Grade 12 Diploma
• Minimum one year recent related experience, or an equivalent combination of education, training and experience.
• Must be able to maintain strict confidentiality.
• Ability to lift and carry bags/boxes of donations.
• Must be free from receiving IWAV services for a minimum of 2 years.
• A current Criminal Records Check is required.
The Thrift Store retail worker performs a variety of duties under the direction of the Thrift Store Manager, to ensure an effective and profitable operation of the store. The worker is responsible for providing prompt, courteous and knowledgeable service to clients and customers. Duties include: preparing products for sale, maintaining product displays, assisting customers with purchases and processing transactions.
Interested applicants should hand deliver their resume to the Store Manager at #1 – 144 McPhillips Ave., Mon-Thurs between 10 am and 4 pm, or email to: email@example.com by the closing date. Thank you for your interest. Only those applicants selected for an interview will be contacted.